Thursday, June 26, 2008

How Long More.

Today's just not my day seriously.

Had a horrible night's sleep yet again for consecutive days. Woke up early to study, but fell asleep a while later. So i was 20 minutes late for the paper and i didn't finish it.

Alot of other stuff happened along the way to school. but i'll skip that. spare me the stress.

Couldn't go for cell group because i was scheduled to work on Thursday. I thought i missed out alot already. But i was wrong huh.

Went to the Cathay to get Yuan Hong and Huiwen's presents. wanted to exchange my polo tee for greater value items, but the supervisor disallowed me, saying that "it's staff discount, so cannot." I went there as a regular customer, and that was how he talked to me. no greeting, no referring to my name, and spoke with such an attitude, as though i owed him a thousand bucks.

He just spoilt my day. Left the place in a jiffy after i got my stuff for work.

Work was surely more interesting when i just realised that i may not be able to get into a local university anymore. Seng Hui and Eleanor just enlightened me that my GPA is cumulative - every single semester in poly life counts. I always had the perception that only my 3rd year would be crucial and important. but i was wrong. totally wrong.

Made a big mistake by working in a high-commitment part-time job and sacrificing my 1st semester of studies, once again. not that i didn't try, but it's seriously beyond capability for me.

Is it really worth it? to give up my chances in a good university for substantial income? But i don't have a choice - Mum is the sole breadwinner. and guess what, she's taking a part-time diploma course now! that's good for her, no doubt, but that will mean that our net income will fall significantly. if i were to work less i'd be feeding on blocks of bread only. I've been used to being financially independent for so long; living off my mum again will impose too much stress for her and i won't feel any better seeing this happening.

Sigh. I need a breather. Badly.

Pal, if you are reading this, i just want you to know how much i want to tell you all this. i can only hope and wait that you'll have time, and make some space for me to share with you so much more.

This blog is not my best friend. Mine is a real person in whom i really care about. Gotta share the key things with the right person.

Drawing strength from my past reflections, reminding myself not to make certain mistakes, i will wait and hold on a little longer, looking forward to a time with you.

Oh God, SOS. What am i to do..
I don't know how to face tomorrow, but Lord help me.
I feel discouraged and disappointed time and time again, but Lord show me the sun.
Most importantly, give me the strength to wait without a broken smile.
in Jesus' name i pray, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home